www.Stats.in.th Livescore.in

GREANFOOTBALLS.com

New Topic Reply

Jets Aaron Rodgers says making NFL referees full-time employees could help officiating

Gravatar
Officiating in the has been a hot topic for decades now. From potential rule changes, to consistency in calling games, to the officials themselves, refereeing is just as important to the league as anything else.While the average NFL referee salary has cro sed $ Dwight Howard Jersey 200K, , NFL officials are not deemed "full-time employees" of the league. In fact, most have other occupations, such as bankers, teachers and tax managers, .During his weekly appearance on the "Pat McAfee Show," quarterback said he believes it could help to have all of the officials be full time."I do think that it would probably help to have all of them full time, said Rodgers. "I think increase in pay probably as well, it's a really important part of our game, we're a billion-dollar industry. I think those men and women deserve to be paid appropriately where they can make this their full-time gig. "They got Shake Milton Jersey a tough job to do, to make calls in real time, and they're as scrutinized as the quarterbacks and kickers are, as they have one job to do and that's to interpret the rulebook in zero time po sible. I think it's good that we have the extra official in the box to help them out with several calls, avoid some of these unnece sary challenges. But I think full time, yes. More pay, definitely yes." "I do think that it would probably help to have all of the referees full time..It's a really important part of our game and they deserve an increase in pay..Those men and women definitely deserve to be paid appropriately Joel Embiid Jersey " ~ Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) One former official that Rodgers loves is Gene Steratore, who currently serves as a rules analyst for CBS. The major networks employ these former officials to break down calls for TV audiences during live action. Rodgers believes the league would be better off having them as actual decision-makers."I think we need Gene," . "Twenty-five million, let's pool some money from all the networks, and all the different sports leagues. Let's get him a great setup with like 80 different monitors. We' Jahlil Okafor Jersey ll have somebody who can handle a lot of different shots going on, and games, and get him involved in every single play. "Because that's the problem that I've said. All the great refs, and a lot of them retired recently, Gene being one of them. They're not working for the league, or for the NCAA. They're working for the TV deals because that's where the money's at. So you got a lot of great ones, Terry Marial Shayok Jersey McAulay is one of them, who was always a great referee, he's working on TV now. Obviously Gene, who is one of my all-time favorites. But there's a great referee usually for all these networks, who was a great white cap, who is not working for the league, but is working for TV."
New Topic Reply
Livescore.in